Studio Based (Full-time)
We are the world’s first tattoo removal consumer brand, living at the intersection of step-change technology, personalised healthcare and body empowerment.
We’re here to change the perception that a tattoo is always “for life”.
More than ever before, people use tattoos as a means of self-expression, an expression of their identity and individuality both to themselves and the world in which they interact.
This form of self-expression is now mainstream. 47% of US millennials and 36% of Gen X’s have at least one tattoo with 69% of those having more than one. We believe there are ~400 million tattooed people in our target market with more than 1 billion tattoos among us.
People change and life demands evolution, but tattoos are inherently static. Identity, aspirations, interests and behaviors change, but tattoos do not; a unique, enduring, and in some cases, debilitating pain point for ~28% of people with at least 1 tattoo who admit to experiencing tattoo regret.
Removing tattoos with lasers isn’t a new concept, but the way we are doing it is. Aside from the innovative technology, what sets us aside from our competition is our vertical integration in this space. We encourage you to read more about our story here: www.naamastudios.com and to watch some of our customer stories.
Our intention is to disrupt a $billion industry through game changing technology, an unrivalled consumer experience and by hiring the very best talent across our R&D, commercial and studio teams.
After almost a decade in stealth mode where we have been commercialising our innovative, world-class solution for tattoo removal, we are now embarking on a period of significant global growth from Series A to Series B with the intention of taking this proprietary medical technology to market with a growing portfolio of premium studios.
Our next studio opening will be US based as we’ve now obtained FDA approval to operate there. Built unlike any other laser system in the world, we are looking to hire bright, tech savvy, methodical and reliable Laser Engineer to deliver ongoing maintenance and support within our flagship London Studio and assist us to train up new technicians with the launch of our new studio opening in New York early next year.
What you will be doing
- Start-up the laser systems and perform routine tests to ensure the systems are ready for operation;
- Monitor system performance;
- Perform laser optical alignments;
- Troubleshoot and problem solve any system related issues;
- Perform and record acceptance tests;
- Installation of software and firmware updates;
- Set up and maintenance of data collection systems in the studio;
- Continual communication with our R&D team to ensure system improvements are implemented;
- Additional on-site technical assistance where required.
What you will need
- Bachelor's degree in Physics, Engineering or equivalent;
- Hands on Lab experience - must have worked in a practical laboratory environment;
- Ability to work in a computerised environment - to read software output, identify problems and respond to it;
- You must be responsible and trustworthy with excellent timekeeping;
- Team Player;
- Effective communicator;
- Knowledge of electrical systems and testing signal communications as well as experience with wither optics or complex laser systems is desirable but not essential;
- Experience with Linux is an advantage
What is on offer
- Full training with our proprietary laser technology
- A no ego's work environment where you will have the opportunity to make a genuine impact on a disruptive startup, taking the market to the next level.